Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PSSSix Chapter 2 - Thermal Physics (sample consult)

1. Feb 23, 2015 #1
    Hi, my name is John and I am working on a textbook called Physics Syllabus Stage Six (PSSSix). I have done a draft of chapter 2, Thermal Physics. Although I have requested if this consultation is suitable for this forum, but yet been replied. This textbook
    • is free (online definitely) or not-for-profit (if printed)
    • has 9 chapters and this is the first finished
    • does not have to comply the Australian Curriculum (for high/ secondary school) syllabus, because I am intended to draw the picture of Thermal Physics.
    However, my concern remains if the content is suitable for such students, and the accuracy of the contents. It would be helpful from your any feedback. In addition, I rather not be used for teaching purposes at this moment since it, although not that possible, has risk to teach with uncorrected textbooks.

Since there is no attachment can be provided (it is 11 MB large), I provide the link through http://www.shyjohn.net/ACEPHYSbook2review.pdf [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2015 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Mentors did discuss your request. The discussion led some of us to wonder why you would take on the thankless task of devising a text for classroom use?

Good luck with your project!

4. Feb 23, 2015 #3
    Thank you for your mentioning. I think the short answer is "stupidity does it all", but because I am not comfortable to make the long answer as an eyecandy. This distracts one to judge my work, but it is also a long story to tell.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook