Purpose of capacitor in the ICL7107 voltmeter circuit

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
William loh
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I was wondering what is the purpose of connecting 0.01 micro farad capacitor across pin 30 and pin 31 of the circuits http://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/07/fn3082.pdf(page 11 to page 12 every typical circuit does connecting it) ?
I have tried to read through the datasheet but couldn't find the answer, guess you might know the answer. Thanks in advance.

William
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
William loh said:
Hi,

I was wondering what is the purpose of connecting 0.01 micro farad capacitor across pin 30 and pin 31 of the circuits http://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/07/fn3082.pdf(page 11 to page 12 every typical circuit does connecting it) ?
I have tried to read through the datasheet but couldn't find the answer, guess you might know the answer. Thanks in advance.

William

Looks to be a lowpass filter on the differential input voltage. Can you tell us what the cutoff frequency is and what order the filter is?