Quadratic equation applying to graphs

In summary: It looks like you can find more information by going to Google.com and entering "parabola" and "quadratic"Maybe a little physical interpretation can help.Regard the quadratic equation as a model for the motion of a projectile. The extremum occurs when the instantaneous velocity (the slope on a position vs time graph) is zero.
dilan
Hi,

I just need to learn in drawing graphs using a quadratic equation. Also I need to know how to find the minimum and maximum point and the line of cemetry from the equation (I need to know by proving it in the equation)

Has anyone got any website to clearly learn about this? I know quadratic equations but just coming into the graphings. So just need to know about graphing using the equation.

Please if you have any website post it here.

Thank you very much:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
solve tis problem:
2^x+x^2=1
Prove that this equation has only two solutions,

i.mehrzad said:
solve tis problem:
2^x+x^2=1
Prove that this equation has only two solutions,

How does this have anything at all to do with dilan's question?

Ya a bit confusing

I can't really understand what you are saying i.mehrzad?:confused:
I need about graphing and some more to know that I added in the above post.

dilan said:
I can't really understand what you are saying i.mehrzad?:confused:
I need about graphing and some more to know that I added in the above post.

Maybe what he was trying to say is practice.

Websites can teach you a little bit, but they always finish with practice.

Well I know

Well I know about the quadratic equations and how to solve them. But I have a bit of trouble in the graphs (The one that turn). I want to know how to find the line of cemetry and the maximum and the least points (I think this is called the vertex) from the equation it self. I want them proved also.

Drawing the graph is simple with the equation given. But I need to know how to get like say
2x+3> x+4

converted into the graph type of equation and solve every thing without the graph like finding the vertex and finding the line of cemetry.
Thanks

Maybe a little physical interpretation can help.
Regard the quadratic equation as a model for the motion of a projectile. The extremum occurs when the instantaneous velocity (the slope on a position vs time graph) is zero.

Here's a question for you:
can you interpret the average of the roots of your quadratic?

I am just checking the links

I am checking the links. Looks really good. Hey really thanks for the information. :smile:
I hope that I will be ablt to find the answers that I am looking for.

Thanks

What is a quadratic equation?

A quadratic equation is a polynomial equation of the second degree, meaning it contains a variable raised to the power of two. It is written in the form of ax^2 + bx + c = 0, where a, b, and c are constants and x is the variable.

How do you graph a quadratic equation?

To graph a quadratic equation, you will need to plot points on a coordinate plane. The x-coordinate of each point is determined by substituting different values for x into the equation, while the y-coordinate is calculated by solving for y. After plotting several points, you can connect them to create a parabola, which is the graph of a quadratic equation.

What are the key features of a quadratic graph?

The key features of a quadratic graph are the vertex, y-intercept, and axis of symmetry. The vertex is the highest or lowest point on the graph, the y-intercept is where the graph crosses the y-axis, and the axis of symmetry is a vertical line that divides the parabola into two symmetrical halves.

How can you determine the roots of a quadratic equation from its graph?

The roots of a quadratic equation are the values of x when the graph intersects the x-axis. This means the y-coordinate of those points will be 0. To determine the roots from a graph, you can look for the points where the parabola crosses the x-axis or use the quadratic formula to solve for x.

What is the discriminant and how is it used in quadratic equations?

The discriminant is a value calculated from the coefficients of a quadratic equation. It is used to determine the nature of the roots of the equation. If the discriminant is positive, the equation will have two real and distinct roots. If it is zero, the equation will have one real root. And if it is negative, the equation will have two complex roots. The formula for the discriminant is b^2 - 4ac.