Quality and reliability of German vs Japanese heavy industry

  • Thread starter Thread starter YYaaSSeeRR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    German Industry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 3K views
YYaaSSeeRR
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
hi all
when you hear the phrase "Made In Germany" or "Made In Japan" ,what do you think?
I am sure you immediately think about quality and proficiency ...
but in the engineering field there should be comparisons ,which is better? which one is more reliable ??

what do you think about both countries when it's about heavy industries??
and does the industry reflect the reality of the Education in the country??
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Made in Japan always meant cheap junk for post WWII Americans, and made in Germany meant cheap stuff in a souvenir shop.

You always make weird threads, what's the reason for this one? You planning on moving again? Or is this just another of your "slam America" threads?
 
Last edited:
Evo said:
Made in Japan always meant cheap junk for post WWII Americans, and made in Germany meant cheap stuff in a souvenir shop.

You're showing your age Evo :-p
 
Office_Shredder said:
You're showing your age Evo :-p
:biggrin: I'm not a day over 110.
 
I have respect for both Japanese and German manufacturing.

When I think of German goods, I think 'good quality but expensive'. When I think of Japanese goods, I think 'good (maybe even excellent) quality and affordable'.

For example, cars: I have driven many Japanese cars and they're great. I now drive an Audi and it took a while to get used to it, but now I love it.
 
what about the education?? does the industry reflects the reality of education in the country?
 
YYaaSSeeRR said:
what about the education?? does the industry reflects the reality of education in the country?
What about the education? This seems to be what you are always complaining about. What are you really wanting to know? What, specifically, are you asking about? Which industry? Which skills? Which professions?

Why don't you do some research then come back with specific questions about the answers you researched? This isn't acceptable.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
Evo said:
What about the education? This seems to be what you are always complaining about. What are you really wanting to know? What, specifically, are you asking about? Which industry? Which skills? Which professions?

Why don't you do some research then come back with specific questions about the answers you researched? This isn't acceptable.

so now you sit in my mind and know my intention??
 
YYaaSSeeRR said:
so now you sit in my mind and know my intention??
No, you need to stop playing games and TELL US your intention so we don't have to guess. Immediately. This is a very odd thread and it will be closed unless you explain its purpose.