Quantum Entanglement Information.

In summary, quantum entanglement is an unexplained phenomenon where two particles become linked and their states are seemingly reliant on each other. However, attempts to measure or send information through the phenomenon have failed, making it difficult to understand or reconcile.
howabout1337
So let me get this straight once and for all (can that even be possible in physics? lol). In quantum entanglement, does information actually get transferred? Most of the things I've read says something along the line that it cannot be deciphered.

The information is sent, except there is no code to break it? If this is true, doesn't that defy the theory that information cannot travel faster than the speed of light?

Physics news on Phys.org
In quantum entanglement, does information actually get transferred?

no, not in the usual sense...no information we can utilize...

The mainstream view quantum entanglement remains essentially a mystery without explanation or understanding. The math explains what we observe, not precisely why.

Suppose you have a red and a green ball, tell me the two colors, wrap them in a bag, and give me one. Then we travel a great distance apart, or not,..and I unwrap one...presto, like magic, I know the color you hold. If you did not tell me the two colors, I could not tell what color you hold.

try this discussion for viewpoints and better explanation:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=710188

howabout1337 said:
So let me get this straight once and for all (can that even be possible in physics? lol). In quantum entanglement, does information actually get transferred? Most of the things I've read says something along the line that it cannot be deciphered.

The information is sent, except there is no code to break it? If this is true, doesn't that defy the theory that information cannot travel faster than the speed of light?

If the two measurements of the two entangled particles are separated by a space-like interval, different observers may disagree about which measurement happened first. It is very difficult to reconcile this fact with any notion of "information transfer" - we can't even determine which direction the hypothetical flow of information goes.

1. What is quantum entanglement information?

Quantum entanglement information refers to the phenomenon in quantum mechanics where two or more particles become connected in a way that their states are dependent on each other, even when separated by large distances. This means that any change in the state of one particle will instantly affect the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them.

2. How does quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement is based on the principles of quantum mechanics, which states that particles at the quantum level can exist in multiple states at once. When two particles become entangled, their states become correlated, and any measurement of one particle will affect the state of the other. This occurs instantaneously, regardless of the distance between the particles.

3. What is the significance of quantum entanglement information?

Quantum entanglement has significant implications for fields such as quantum computing and cryptography. It also challenges our understanding of the laws of physics and has led to groundbreaking discoveries in the field of quantum mechanics.

4. Can quantum entanglement be used for communication?

Yes, quantum entanglement has been proposed as a means of secure communication. By encoding information into the entangled particles, any attempt to intercept or eavesdrop on the communication would be detected, making it virtually impossible to hack or intercept the information.

5. Is quantum entanglement information limited by distance?

Currently, there is no known limit to the distance over which quantum entanglement can occur. Experiments have shown entanglement between particles separated by hundreds of miles. However, maintaining entanglement over large distances is challenging, and research is ongoing to overcome this limitation.