Quantum mechanics at a biological macro level

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of quantum mechanics on a macro biological level and proposes that all life is a viable version of one entity. The speaker believes that the model of life is of a quantum nature and that the world/universe is made up of various probabilities of a single origin. They also suggest that life is a super computer driven by a quantum core and that our individual knowledge is limited, but together it is infinite. However, the other person in the conversation points out that none of this has any direct connection to quantum mechanics. The conversation ends with the moderator closing the thread.
genphis
i have been pondering the idea of quantum mechanics on a macro biological level.

i propose that all life is a viable version of one entity. let's localize the idea to our species.

we are all aware that our gene pool is said to be quite small, but i think this goes deeper than genetics and biology. i feel that the model is of a quantum nature.
when we look at the world/universe i think we are looking at the various probabilities of a single origin. and that we are witnessing quantum processes in realtime.

i am you,and you are me and we are everyone. life is one entity trying infinite ways to better itself. we are a complete network, a single organism.

as individuals our knowledge is limited, but together it is infinite.

this is why we are so intrinsically link, life is a super computer driven by a quantum core.

please give me views.

Physics news on Phys.org
genphis said:
i have been pondering the idea of quantum mechanics on a macro biological level.

i propose that all life is a viable version of one entity. let's localize the idea to our species.

we are all aware that our gene pool is said to be quite small, but i think this goes deeper than genetics and biology. i feel that the model is of a quantum nature.
when we look at the world/universe i think we are looking at the various probabilities of a single origin. and that we are witnessing quantum processes in realtime.

i am you,and you are me and we are everyone. life is one entity trying infinite ways to better itself. we are a complete network, a single organism.

as individuals our knowledge is limited, but together it is infinite.

this is why we are so intrinsically link, life is a super computer driven by a quantum core.

please give me views.

None of what you said here has any indication that these are "quantum mechanics". Do you even know what "quantum mechanics" is?

Furthermore, before proceeding any further, you may want to re-read the PF Rules that you've agreed to. Pay particular attention to our policy on speculative posts.

Zz.

hi zapperz,

thanks for your reply, i read the the rules and take your point.

On the point of my knowledge of quantum mechanics, a subject which i have been reading for fifteen years and in the words of Richard Feynman "I think i can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics.

My post related to QM's assumptions that all possibilities are probable. to me there seems to be a fractal nature to the systems and mechanics of the universe.
Because we quantify things in a particular way using i.e miles, kilos, inches and any measuring quantity you care to think of, i do not believe we can assume these were the systems in place at the beginning. so we use these systems/tools to follow and map, not to confirm the workings of the system or the reasons for its existence.

Einstein,darwin,bohr and Newton all thought outside the box when it was required

so again i thank you for reply

regards

genphis

Your latest post reinforces my earlier point that none of what you have said has any direct connection with QM. This is a rambling at best.

This thread is done.

Zz.

1. What is quantum mechanics at a biological macro level?

Quantum mechanics at a biological macro level is the study of how quantum principles, which govern the behavior of particles at the microscopic level, can apply to larger biological systems. This field explores the potential role of quantum coherence and entanglement in biological processes such as photosynthesis, magnetoreception, and enzyme reactions.

2. How does quantum mechanics impact biological systems?

Quantum mechanics can potentially impact biological systems by providing a deeper understanding of how certain processes work and offering new insights into the origin of life. It may also have practical applications in fields such as medicine and biotechnology.

3. Can quantum mechanics explain consciousness?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the idea that quantum mechanics plays a role in human consciousness. While some theories have been proposed, they are still speculative and require further research to be validated.

4. What is the evidence for quantum effects in biology?

Some experiments have shown evidence of quantum effects in biological systems, such as quantum tunneling in enzyme reactions and quantum coherence in photosynthesis. However, the extent to which these effects play a role in biological processes is still a topic of debate among scientists.

5. How does quantum biology differ from traditional biology?

Quantum biology differs from traditional biology in that it incorporates quantum principles to explain biological phenomena, rather than solely relying on classical physics. It also explores the potential role of quantum effects in biological processes, which has not traditionally been a focus in biology.