Quantum Mechanics learning resource videos

In summary, the conversation is discussing the search for online resources that explain quantum mechanics beyond introductory material. The MIT Courseware and a YouTube channel by Professor James Binney are suggested as potential sources for more advanced and interactive material. Additionally, a website called Info Cobuild offers a series of video lectures on the mathematical development and physical implications of quantum mechanics.
gfd43tg
Gold Member
Hello,

I was wondering if there exists some videos that explain quantum mechanics. Something similar to Khan Academy, but that website only has introductory material. I am not looking for online lectures, but more like Khan Academy or some sort of step by step problem solving skills that is more interactive.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I think it may be tough to find because your audience if quite small after intro QM. It may not make business sense to make available. The MIT Courseware has advanced topics, but I wouldn't say they are interactive.

To be clear, I am talking about introduction to quantum mechanics (at the level of griffiths)

MIT OCW has video lectures for its introductory QM course. I find that always makes things easier to learn.

What is Quantum Mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of particles on the atomic and subatomic level. It is a fundamental theory that explains the nature of matter and energy at a very small scale.

Why is Quantum Mechanics important?

Quantum mechanics is important because it provides a more accurate understanding of the physical world, especially at a microscopic level. It has led to many technological advancements, such as transistors, lasers, and MRI machines, and has also helped to explain phenomena that classical physics could not.

What are some key concepts in Quantum Mechanics?

Some key concepts in Quantum Mechanics include wave-particle duality, uncertainty principle, superposition, and entanglement. These concepts help to explain the strange behavior of particles on the quantum level and have important implications in various fields, such as computing and cryptography.

What is the best way to learn about Quantum Mechanics?

The best way to learn about Quantum Mechanics is through a combination of theoretical study and practical application. It is important to have a strong foundation in mathematics, as well as an understanding of classical physics. Additionally, watching learning resource videos and participating in hands-on experiments can greatly enhance understanding and retention of the concepts.

Are there any common misconceptions about Quantum Mechanics?

Yes, there are several common misconceptions about Quantum Mechanics, such as the idea that it only applies to very small particles, or that it violates the laws of classical physics. Another misconception is that it can be used to explain consciousness or supernatural phenomena. It is important to seek out reliable sources and understand the limitations of Quantum Mechanics in order to avoid these misconceptions.