Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quastion about parallel robot with rolling pairs

1. Aug 19, 2010 #1
    hi
    are every one know about parallel robot with rolling pairs for example one sphere rolling pn the fixed sphere.
    my quastion is the application of this structure.
    tnx
    hossein

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2010 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Hi, Hossein.
    I anticipate some language difficulties here. Are you referring to a ball used instead of wheels for robotic movement? If so, such is set up much like a mouse ball for a computer. The drive motors run rollers or wheels which impart motion to the ball through friction. In cases with intense dedicated balance circuitry, one ball is enough. It is more practical in most cases, however, to have a stable structure with 3 or more balls, or with a drive ball and stabilizer wheels.

4. Aug 21, 2010 #3
    hi
    thanks for your answer.
    no i search about parallel robot with higher pairs infact. the contac surfaces are sphere and rolling on each other

5. Aug 22, 2010 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Hmmm... I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for someone else to respond. This is out of my league.

6. Aug 25, 2010 #5
    do u mean ball and socket joint?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook