Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Queries about some applications

1. Feb 3, 2008 #1
    Guys

I am inquirin about some applications of any digital modulate schemes ...

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2008 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Feb 4, 2008 #3
    Thanksss budd.. I looked at that link u posted... However, I am looking for a tool that uses anyone of those schemes.

5. Feb 5, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What do you mean by a "tool"? Do you mean some kind of comm simulator? What are you trying to do? Compare performance against different kinds of noise and channel impairments?

6. Feb 5, 2008 #5
    Well.
    berkeman I didn't get what you pointed out to. I might have paraphrased my statement at first wrongly. I meant that what machines for example "wireless speakers" or "walki talki" that use transmitter and receiver or transceiver.I need many options. I addition, how can I research about a project , its kits and schematics like Do u know any websites or any database that provide info about various projects ?????

again my appreciation guys for ur inputs.

7. Feb 5, 2008 #6
    some wireless routers use OFDM. Faster ones have another receiver technique called MIMO, multiple in multiple out in addition to the modulation scheme. Cellphones use CDMA, GSM. they are some rf evaluation kits/boards.
    try digikey. hope this helps

8. Feb 5, 2008 #7

berkeman

Ah. I googled bluetooth development kits, and got lots of hits. You should look at some wireless standard, and then look to see what kind of developer support there is. Bluetooth is a good one to start with, because lots of developers and companies are jumping on that bandwagon. Whether it's a good wagon to be jumping on is another issue. But it should serve the purposes of your project. Here's a typical link from that google hit list:

http://www.palowireless.com/database/btdevkits.asp

9. Feb 5, 2008 #8
    u know guys I've been trying to find some circuits and scematics of wireless speakers, howevr, i couldn't finy any... I don't know i use the wrong words while using search engines.

10. Feb 6, 2008 #9
    have you look at kits? most of the time kits will have schematics to help you get started. also looking at specific chips like Tx/Rx chips will normally contain some sample circuit on how to use the chip. Then you can build from there

11. Feb 6, 2008 #10

berkeman

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?