Query regarding Mechanical engineering project

In summary, the individual is a second year mechanical engineering student at SRM (Chennai) and is interested in pursuing research in Mechanical engineering after Btech. Their favorite subjects are Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics and they are considering a project in aeronautical engineering for their final year project. They are seeking suggestions for their project and any guidance from institutions in India. They have decided to focus on aero mechanics and are interested in addressing current problems in flying and improving them through their project.
Urmi Roy
Hi,I'm in the second year of my mechanical engineering course in SRM (Chennai)...I am interested in pursuing research in Mechanical engineering after Btech and my favourite subjects are Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.

I was wondering if a project related aeronautical engineering (which is a branch of mechanical engineering ) would be good for me as a final year project?? This is especially as
Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics are my favourite subjects and I feel this kind of project would give a good coverage of these subjects.

Would it be a good idea to make a remote controlled aeroplane as my final year project?If not,please suggest something for me.

Also,if possible,please tell me about any institution in India under whose guidance I could do my project... I want to start off as soon as possible,so that I don't have too much pressure in my final year.

Physics news on Phys.org
Okay,I've finally decided that it's going to be something relating to aero mechanics-i.e mechanical engineering related to flying(basically aeronautical engineering)...can anyone tell me anout any present day problems that are faced while flying aeroplanes today?? What things could we try to improve??
My project has to be something that can try and meet those requirements.

Related to Query regarding Mechanical engineering project

1. What is the scope of the project?

The scope of the mechanical engineering project would depend on the specific topic and objectives. Generally, it would involve designing, analyzing, and implementing a solution to a problem related to mechanical systems or processes.

2. What are the potential challenges in completing the project?

The potential challenges in a mechanical engineering project could include limited resources, technical difficulties, and time constraints. It is important to carefully plan and anticipate these challenges in order to overcome them effectively.

3. How is this project relevant to the field of mechanical engineering?

This project would be relevant to mechanical engineering as it would involve applying principles and techniques from this field to design and develop a solution to a real-world problem. It would also contribute to the advancement of knowledge in this field.

4. What are the expected outcomes of the project?

The expected outcomes of the project would vary depending on the specific objectives. However, it could include a functional prototype, a detailed report of the design and analysis process, and potentially a publication or presentation at a conference.

5. How can this project benefit society?

This project can benefit society by addressing a problem or need that can improve people's lives. It could lead to the development of more efficient and sustainable mechanical systems or processes that can have a positive impact on the environment and economy.