Is the axis of rotation a line or a point?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
starburst
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys so I would really appreciate if I could get some help with this question I have, I have a test in a couple days!

So we are learning about torque and there are a couple components of torque that I'm a bit confused about.

1. Is the axis of rotation a line or just a point?

2. Is the lever arm the shortest length b/t the "line of action" and the axis?

Thank you very much!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
starburst said:
1. Is the axis of rotation a line or just a point?
A line.

2. Is the lever arm the shortest length b/t the "line of action" and the axis?
Yes.

You want to browse this site: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/torcon.html"
 
Last edited by a moderator: