Question on destructive and constructive interference

Homework Statement

Two speakers A and B are 3.50m apart and each one is emitting a frequency of 444Hz. However because of signal delays, speaker A is 1/4 of a period ahead of B. Find all points relative to the centerline between A and B where there is constructive interference. Include angles on both sides of centerline, speed of sound is 340m/s

Homework Equations

dsinθ = (m+?)λ

d = 3.5m
λ = v/f

The Attempt at a Solution

I know there is a need to compensate for the initial 1/4 phase difference as the usual equation assumes both sources are in phase. I just don't know how to do it.

Answers and Replies

DrClaude
Mentor
What is the relation between position and phase?

What is the relation between position and phase?
Is it that any position where 2 waves are half a wavelength out of phase cancel while 2 that are in phase constructively interfere?

DrClaude
Mentor
I mean for a single wave.

I mean for a single wave.
I apologize but I'm not quite sure of what you're getting at, could you elaborate?

DrClaude
Mentor
You said you don't know how to compensate for the phase difference. I'm trying to get you to see the relation between the phase difference and position.

You said you don't know how to compensate for the phase difference. I'm trying to get you to see the relation between the phase difference and position.
I still can't quite get what you mean by position, apologies.