1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question on margins of error with calculations.

1. Jul 10, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I'm powering through some calculations on limiting reagents. My answers seem to be slightly off with the proper answers. I'm talking about minute differences but still differences all the same. The answer is very much well within the same ballpark. Would I lose some marks if my calculations weren't completely exact or is this small margin of error (and we are talking small here) allowed.

Thanks guys. I love you guys!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2009 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The only person who could answer that is the person giving the marks! What you should be worrying about is why you are getting those "minute differences". Are you using numbers you are given or numbers measured in an experiment?

4. Jul 11, 2009 #3
    I was rounding up and down at times when I shouldn't have. Have corrected the problem!

Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook