Question ,trigonometric identities equation and functions ?

what is the difference between trigonometric identities , equations and functions ...?

is it possible to apply some numerical method on a trigonometric function ??

i was looking for an example where numerical methods could be applied on a trigonometric function ...

i am not sure what you could achieve with that at this point of time...

also ... is this a trigonometric function ??

f(x) = A sin (kx-wt)

??

Answers and Replies

Identities like sin^theta + cos^2 theta = 1 are true for all values of theta. Equations like sin theta = cos (theta +x) is true for some value or values of theta only. Any function involving trigonometric ratios of variable can be called trigonometric function. Yes I think numerical methods can be applied here. try to apply it to solve teh equation quoted in this post.

Identities like sin^theta + cos^2 theta = 1 are true for all values of theta. Equations like sin theta = cos (theta +x) is true for some value or values of theta only. Any function involving trigonometric ratios of variable can be called trigonometric function. .

thanks for that ...

i am not familiar with the numerical methods associated with trigonometry right now ...

could someone tell me few examples of it ??

just put different values of theta and take some say x = 30 degree. and check when sin theta = cos(theta+30).

thanks for the answers ..

i will surely try when i get some free time ...