1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about charge flow and electricity

1. Sep 7, 2007 #1
    I've just started GCSE physics. I'm pretty happy with everything on the course, but my physics teacher has given me a crazy homework which consists of simple questions about things that we haven't done in lessons. he says that we may need to research a bit, but I can't find anything with google or with bbc bitesize

The questions are ones like this:

• The direction of the current in a metal is from the side at higher .............., to the side at lower ............ This is called the ............. current.
    • When some chemical compounds are........... or dissolved in ............ they ............ electricity.

On another page they're harder than just copy and complete. For example:

• How much hydrogen is produced per coulomb of charge flowing around the circuit? [edit] (they give an example experiment)

I really have no idea about most of this and we haven't covered it in lessons. Could anyone link me to a good informative site where this subject is covered?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2007 #2

learningphysics

Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?