How to describe a professor's relationship to you on a graduate application

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spirit
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Spirit
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

If I am the TA of a professor who is going to write me a recommendation for grad school, how should I describe it in the field "relationship to you" in the application?

All the words came to my mind are similar to a principle or a supervisor, but I am trying to figure the academic word in English to describe his relationship to me formally.

Thanks in advance,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Spirit said:
Hi everyone,If I am the TA of a professor who is going to write me a recommendation for grad school, how should I describe it in the field "relationship to you" in the application?
Supervisor is fine, as is boss, though I don't think it actually matters all that much. If you also do research for him, he's your advisor/mentor.