Radius Of Curvature On A Beam

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
spggodd
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Hey, hopefully this is a suitable forum to put this in! I've been having a bit of trouble trying to find an example to learn from about finding the raidus of curvature in a simply supported beam.

I've got a point loads and a UDL to take into account and seem to find it near impossible to find any examples where the two are combined.

If it helps the question is as follows:

1. A simply supported beam of length 6m supports a vertical point load of 45kN a distance of 4m from one end. If the maximum allowable bending stress is 120MPa:

*7 previous questions were asked*

If the beam has a young's modulus of 200GPa calculate the radius of curvature.


Any information you might need just ask!

Thanks!

Edit: Read a sticky and you want my own attempt?

Well I would show you what I've done but I am that stuck that i don't have anything!
I'm just trying to get hold of some useful info to get started
 
Physics news on Phys.org
azatkgz said:
Is it supported from both sides?

Hey, thanks for getting back to me.

Yes the beam is supported from both sides.