Rate of Glucose uptake by yeast cells

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 8K views
xXAznGurlXx
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
You are required to plan an investigation to find out the rate of glucose uptake by yeast cells varies with glucose concentration

material resources
- 10% glucose solution
- disilled water
-yeast suspension
- Benedicts reagent
I have done the introduction, apparatus required, but I am unsure on what quantity i should use to make various glucose concentrations and i don;t know how to go about with the method :/
I was wondering if u guys be able to help me, thanksss
 
Physics news on Phys.org
you have to dilute the glucose solution. you start with 10%, then 5%, 1%, 0.5%. it depends on how many readings you need.

to dilute you need to add a specific amount of water to the solution. you have to calculate that amount.