Finding ratios in parallelogram ABCD when line AE meets BC at F

  • Thread starter Thread starter bonbon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ratios
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
bonbon
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


in the parallelogram ABCD, DC is extended to E so that DE:EC= 3:2. The line AE meets BC at F. Determine the ratios in which F divides BC and F divides AE

The Attempt at a Solution



so i figured i could use the division-point theorem

OP=[b/(a+b)]*OA +[a/(a+b)]OB

but i don't know how to use this equation in this case..i really don't know how to get started T-T
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I understand, ED < EC so how can the ratio be 3:2?? I am familiar with external division of a point but are you sure that is it?