1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rearranging equation into another form.

1. Dec 10, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have a transfer function as part of a circuit analysis question which I obtained as:

[itex]-{\frac {{\it R2}}{ \left( {\it sC1}\,{\it R1}+1 \right) \left( {\it
    R2}\,{\it sC2}+1 \right) }}[/itex]

Which needs to be turned into:

asd.jpg

3. The attempt at a solution

I have attempted by multiplying the top and bottom of the fraction by R1, s, C1, etc, trying to manipulate to get into the required form, but no luck yet.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2012 #2
    Are C's and R's related in any way?

Suppose you set C1 = 0. Then the first expression is finite whereas the second one is zero.

4. Dec 11, 2012 #3

C stands for the capacitance, and R is the resistance.

I guess I should have said C and R are non-zero. I would put the circuit diagram, but it wouldn't make sense unless you can understand it, although it's pretty easy.

I'm not sure what you mean by are they related. It's like having an equation in x and y.

Thanks for your response.

5. Dec 11, 2012 #4
    If s, R and C are independent, then there is a typo somewhere, as the two equations are not always equal.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook