Reciprocal lattice in connection with band theory

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Muhammad Ali20
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need details on this topic ,this is my assignment but my solid state physics is not so good,and don't know much about it but i have to do this assignment ,i have material on reciprocal lattice but for only including in assignment ,not for my understanding,so i directly need any material on this topic ,not a lecture class
thanks :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Muhammad Ali20 said:
I need details on this topic ,this is my assignment but my solid state physics is not so good,and don't know much about it but i have to do this assignment ,i have material on reciprocal lattice but for only including in assignment ,not for my understanding,so i directly need any material on this topic ,not a lecture class
thanks :)
DO you know what the reciprocal lattice.
If I were to show you diagrams like the following, do you know what they are and what they represent?
img442.png

http://www.iue.tuwien.ac.at/phd/wessner/node31.html
BandStructureGaAs_so_Klimeck.jpg

http://www.nextnano.com/nextnano3/tutorial/1Dtutorial_TightBinding_bulk_GaAs_GaP.htm