Recommended Physics Books for Up-to-Date Info on LHC, etc.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
dlilpyro
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I'm currently reading A Brief History of Time, however, it is slightly outdated. Are there any recently released physics books that you would recommend? Perhaps a book that would discuss the LHC and topics such as that.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hawking has just released "The Grand Design". I've just received it, but haven't read it yet. Glancing at the index, I see he mentions the LHC - only very briefly though! Brian Greene's "The Fabric of the Universe" discusses the Higgs field and Higgs particles in a reasonably coherent manner, and mentions the LHC connection. It also has good discussions of most topics that Hawking covers, and it's always good to read two views on these issues. It's quite recent, about five years old.