Reflecting a red dot on glass like a holographic sight

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
mastermechanic
Messages
107
Reaction score
15
Hello everyone,

Most of you know the Holographic Sights used on weapons to aim. I have a 3d printer and I will try to replicate one of them. I just wonder how the red dot/sight is reflected on the glass without making the light reflected anywhere else? It doesn't have to have exact same technology, I am here for suggestions about how to replicate that so I am open to new ideas.

weg.jpg
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Baluncore said:
They employ a partially silvered mirror to generate a parallax free sight.

Thank you for your answer. After I posted this thread I researched it and found out lots of DIY videos on youtube related to this topic. I understood the basics of the sight reflection and it's pretty easy. I will update this topic when I finish my own.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman