Relativity and Quantum Entanglement

In summary, relativity is a theory proposed by Albert Einstein that explains the laws of physics for all observers regardless of their relative motion. Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where particles become connected and affect each other's states, challenging classical understanding. Relativity and quantum entanglement are related theories that operate at different scales and have practical applications in areas like GPS and quantum computing. While quantum entanglement cannot be used for direct communication, it has implications in quantum cryptography.
least_action
deleted

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There's no way to use entanglement to send information.

Fredrik said:
There's no way to use entanglement to send information.

That's not what I'm asking about..

least_action said:
That's not what I'm asking about..

It sounded like the same thing to me as well. So what do you mean? Quantum entanglement does not send classical information FTL.

DrChinese said:
It sounded like the same thing to me as well. So what do you mean? Quantum entanglement does not send classical information FTL.

okay I have rewritten the question and started it in a new thread.

please can someone delete this thread

Last edited:

1. What is relativity?

Relativity is a theory proposed by Albert Einstein that explains how the laws of physics are the same for all observers, regardless of their relative motion. There are two types of relativity: special relativity, which deals with objects moving at constant speeds, and general relativity, which explains the effects of gravity on objects.

2. What is quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other particles, regardless of the distance between them. This concept challenges the classical understanding of cause and effect and plays a crucial role in the study of quantum mechanics.

3. How are relativity and quantum entanglement related?

Relativity and quantum entanglement are both theories that aim to explain the behavior of particles and the laws of physics. However, they operate at different scales. Relativity deals with large-scale objects, such as planets and stars, while quantum entanglement deals with the behavior of particles at the subatomic level. Both theories have been extensively studied and have been shown to coexist and complement each other in certain situations.

4. What are some practical applications of relativity and quantum entanglement?

The theories of relativity and quantum entanglement have led to many technological advancements, such as GPS systems that use relativity to accurately calculate positions on Earth and quantum computing, which utilizes the principles of entanglement to perform complex calculations at a much faster rate than traditional computers. These theories also have implications in fields like telecommunications, cryptography, and medicine.

5. Can quantum entanglement be used for communication?

While quantum entanglement allows for instantaneous communication between entangled particles, it cannot be used to directly transmit information. This is due to the fact that the entanglement is broken once measurement or observation is made on one of the particles, making it impossible to use for communication. However, quantum entanglement can be used in quantum cryptography for secure communication over long distances.