Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Remember to thank your helpers

1. Nov 2, 2007 #1
    Every day I see people posting homework questions on PF, which are answered in detail by dedicated smart people who want to help-

Very often, the helpers get no thanks, not even a reply. Occasionally, the OP will even moan about the answers being unhelpful.

Just a reminder- a little thanks goes a long way!

(End rant)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2007 #2
    Here Here!!

4. Nov 2, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks for posting that christian! This site wouldn't be much without all the homework helpers, and I know they appreciate the thanks.

5. Nov 2, 2007 #4
    Hear hear.

6. Nov 2, 2007 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

It takes A LOT of effort to help someone on here without simply writing down the whole solution. One has to think of the right question and guidance to the OP so that he/she ends up solving the problem him/herself. This isn't easy, and takes quite a bit of patience. So yes, everyone who has participated in doing this in the HW forum should always be thanked profusely.

Zz.

7. Nov 2, 2007 #6
    Thank you to everyone who has ever helped me with my homework, and thanks to the board for having a place for us to put it. You guys have helped me find a few really stupid mistakes.

8. Nov 2, 2007 #7
    I agree, I forgot to thank Doc Al for helping me with my physics question. I'm happy to have this site as a resource, it's top notch :)

9. Nov 2, 2007 #8

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

There There!! :biggrin:

I think most express thanks, and some even in advance.

Besides, I'm pleased to be of service, or otherwise 'really useful' like Thomas the Tank Engine. :biggrin:

10. Nov 2, 2007 #9
    Sometime I wander why I started a fourum where 99% of the peoples are more smarter then me :redface: :rofl:

11. Nov 2, 2007 #10
    Astronuc: Agreed! The vast majority do thank their helpers. PF is a very friendly place.

12. Nov 2, 2007 #11
    i appreciate all the help too! and i also appreciate that nobody kills me if i say something wrong when i'm trying to help others.

:-]

13. Nov 2, 2007 #12

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here; here.

Here's where physics help can be found.

14. Nov 3, 2007 #13
    Thank you all. The first time I posted I got an answer almost immediately. It was shocking. I have been helped several times since then. When I am at wits end with a problem, it is here I come.

15. Nov 4, 2007 #14

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I know. I am being too kind..I'm not even allowed to blatantly rude anymore (sniff)

16. Nov 4, 2007 #15

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I would like to thank all the Homework Helpers for putting in the time and effort to assist the students and others seeking assistance in the various Homework forums.

It is both a great honor and pleasure to be part of such a great team.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?