Where can I find research papers in humanities and arts subjects?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ppppparker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Research Topic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ppppparker
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
Ive just recently "discovered" pubmed and it is so amazing. I want to know if there is a kind of "pubmed for art humanities" or any other subject for that matter? Or do humanities even publish papers like the science community does? FOr example, where can I read papers on linguistics, or history, or drama or other subjects that aren't considered sciences?
Can someone provide just a really basic overview of how research and academic information is done or should be done, how its organized etc? Also what are the main go-to sites that I should be using? (for example, I've heard of "JSTOR" .. is that basically for anything non-science or something/?
thanks for any help
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Does "any other subject" include particle physics, astrophysics and several related fields?
arXiv - it is "just" a preprint server, but 100% of particle physics publications are uploaded there, so it became the standard website to search for publications (and things where the publication process is still ongoing). It works very well.
JSTOR has some open access content, but often you can just read the abstract without subscription.