1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resistance & Force In Inclined Planes

1. Jan 23, 2014 #1
    The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Okay, So I Have A Physics Packet That My Teacher Handed Out On Inclined Planes. I Was Not There So I Do Not Know How To Complete The Table. I Have To Complete A Chart. The Chart Gives Me The Length Of The Incline, The Height, & The M.A. . I Know How To Calculate The M.A. But I Don't Know how To Find The Resistance & The Force. I Want To Know How You Can Calculate The Resistance & The Force By Knowing The Length & Height Of The Incline, & The M.A.

My Attempt To Solve It :
    Length - 10 m
    Height - 5 m
    M.A. - 2
    # of Times The Force Is Multiplied - 2
    Resistance - 100 N
    Force - 50 N
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2014 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to PF;
    What does "M.A." stand for in this case?

To solve inclined planes problems, you draw a free body diagram and sum the forces.
    The trick is to align the coordinate axis to the surface of the plane and not the horizontal.
    Use ##\sum F=ma## in x and y directions.

Just a pointer: when you type an English sentence, you only need to use a capital letter for the first character and for proper nouns. Caps on all words like you did makes it hard to read. Cheers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted