Resitting Advancing Physics B A-Level

In summary, you should use a standard A-Level Physics textbook, watch youtube videos, and do past papers to help you revise well.
DanA7234
Hi everyone

I'm resitting my Physics A Level this year and need some advice on how to about preparing for it. I'm doing the Advancing Physics B syllabus (OCR).
I'm doing past-papers working through the CGP revision guides and watching youtube videos on each topic.
The textbook I find rather useless to learn from as its just crammed with jargon and not what I really need to learn?

Thanks for any advice you can give =)

Physics news on Phys.org
If you can work out the questions on past papers, then you're doing it right. So far, at least.

Which book to use depends a lot on what you want out of it. If you just want a good grade, any standard A-Level Physics text should be good for your needs. Use youtube videos as much as you want. Just make sure everything you learn pertains to the OCR specification.

I just finished A-levels last year and am now at university studying physics. I was really terrible at revision and only discovered the trick to revising really well when it was too late and i ended up wasting time resitting exams. :'( Nothing for me went in my thick skull until I was really inspired to study the subject. Not everyone is the same but I found watching the videos very deceiving...often i would think I was making progress by watching them when in truth I wasn't at all, trust me on this, textbooks are nearly always better, but I agree the ocr books are TERRIBLE so its hard, just read the yellow sections, the rest is really a waste of time. Past papers are very very important, but to gain a true understanding and start learning things in super quick time you need to really ENJOY revising it, past papers are boring. I was inspired by Richard Feynman, look him up on youtube, now those a videos worth watching. ;)

What is "Resitting Advancing Physics B A-Level"?

"Resitting Advancing Physics B A-Level" refers to the process of retaking the Advancing Physics B A-Level exam. This may be necessary if a student did not achieve their desired grade on their first attempt or if they wish to improve their grade.

When can I resit my Advancing Physics B A-Level exam?

The resit exam for Advancing Physics B A-Level is typically held in the summer, along with the regular exams. However, it is best to check with your school or exam board for the exact date and registration deadlines.

Do I have to resit the entire exam or just certain sections?

It depends on the exam board. Some may require you to resit the entire exam, while others allow you to only resit the sections you did not do well on. It is important to check with your exam board for their specific policies.

Can I resit my Advancing Physics B A-Level exam multiple times?

Yes, you can resit your exam as many times as you need to in order to achieve your desired grade. However, keep in mind that there may be additional fees for each resit.

How can I prepare for my resit exam?

There are a few things you can do to prepare for your resit exam. You can review your notes and textbooks, seek help from your teacher or a tutor, and practice past exam papers. It is also important to stay organized and manage your time effectively in order to cover all the necessary material.