Resitting Advancing Physics B A-Level!

• Thread starter DanA7234
  • Start date
Hi everyone

I'm resitting my Physics A Level this year and need some advice on how to about preparing for it. I'm doing the Advancing Physics B syllabus (OCR).
I'm doing past-papers working through the CGP revision guides and watching youtube videos on each topic.
The text book I find rather useless to learn from as its just crammed with jargon and not what I really need to learn?

Thanks for any advice you can give =)

Answers and Replies

If you can work out the questions on past papers, then you're doing it right. So far, at least.

Which book to use depends a lot on what you want out of it. If you just want a good grade, any standard A-Level Physics text should be good for your needs. Use youtube videos as much as you want. Just make sure everything you learn pertains to the OCR specification.

I just finished A-levels last year and am now at university studying physics. I was really terrible at revision and only discovered the trick to revising really well when it was too late and i ended up wasting time resitting exams. :'( Nothing for me went in my thick skull until I was really inspired to study the subject. Not everyone is the same but I found watching the videos very deceiving.....often i would think I was making progress by watching them when in truth I wasn't at all, trust me on this, textbooks are nearly always better, but I agree the ocr books are TERRIBLE so its hard, just read the yellow sections, the rest is really a waste of time. Past papers are very very important, but to gain a true understanding and start learning things in super quick time you need to really ENJOY revising it, past papers are boring. I was inspired by Richard Feynman, look him up on youtube, now those a videos worth watching. ;)