Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resources for analytical mehanics

1. May 29, 2014 #1
    As the spring semester is over and the summer is now beginning I was thinking that I would like to get a start on analytical mechanics on my own as a summer project. I was wondering if anyone knows an online lecture series on analytical mechanics, preferably with an assigned textbook and homeworks. At the very least can someone recommend a textbook that is well suited for self teaching.

If it is any help, I have taken and am familliar with physics 1 and 2, special relativity, "modern physics" (which is essentially rudimentry quantum mechanics) all of the standard calculus material, differential equations, linear algebra, and some modern algebra.

thank you

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2014 #2

Matterwave

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you tried checking MIT's open course ware? I find those guys usually have some good courses, especially for lower level classes.

4. May 29, 2014 #3
    I checked there but did not see any course on analytical mechanics

5. May 29, 2014 #4

Matterwave

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. May 29, 2014 #5
    Thank you, the first link was exactly what I was looking for, I just didn't recognize it by that name

7. May 29, 2014 #6

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. May 30, 2014 #7
    Thank you for the link, it looks really helpful

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook