Resources for biology extended essay

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking resources for their International Baccalaureate extended essay in Biology. They are open to suggestions for a research question and are directed to a database and Google Scholar for potential articles and information.
physicforee
Hey everybody,

I'm doing my International Baccalaureate extended essay (2500 to 4000 words) in Biology. please give list of resources for biology ee.

Any suggestions for a research question welcome!

thanks
bi03

Biology news on Phys.org
I hope you are familiar with the following database? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=search&db=pubmed"

Exactly what is your interest? Biology is really broad and it can take you anywhere. If you have an idea you can look through some individual journals and see if there are some interesting news and views or review articles that can get you started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google: "Google Scholar"

It'll come up with published articles for public use.

1. What are some reliable resources for my biology extended essay?

Some reliable resources for your biology extended essay include academic journals, books from reputable publishers, and government websites. It is important to use sources that have been peer-reviewed and are from credible sources.

2. Can I use websites as sources for my biology extended essay?

Yes, you can use websites as sources for your biology extended essay. However, it is crucial to evaluate the credibility of the website and ensure that the information is from a reputable source. Government, educational, and scientific organization websites are generally considered reliable sources.

3. How can I access scientific journals for my biology extended essay?

You can access scientific journals through online databases such as JSTOR, PubMed, and Google Scholar. You may also have access to these databases through your school or local library. If you do not have access to these resources, you can also try reaching out to the authors of the research directly for a copy of their study.

4. Are there any specific databases or search engines that are useful for finding biology research?

Yes, there are several databases and search engines that are specifically designed for finding biology research. Some popular ones include PubMed, ScienceDirect, and BioOne. You can also use general search engines like Google Scholar to find relevant research articles.

5. How do I properly cite my sources in my biology extended essay?

In your biology extended essay, you should follow a specific citation style such as MLA or APA. These styles have guidelines for citing different types of sources, including books, journals, and websites. Make sure to also include in-text citations within your essay and a complete bibliography at the end to give credit to your sources.