1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resources for Math Undergrads: REUs, Internships, etc

1. Aug 1, 2011 #1
    A couple years ago when I started thinking about doing an REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) or internship in math, I began a database of all the information I thought might be useful as I encountered it. While participating in the University of Nebraska-Lincoln REU this summer and talking with the other students, it occurred to me that the information I collected during my pre-application phase -- due dates, support information, application checklists for many Math REUs and internships -- might be useful to others. So I put it up on Google Docs.

Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/UMathResources" [Broken]

One of the most frustrating things I kept encountering when I was looking for REUs and internships was the frequent broken links, which are rather inevitable since many times the specific url for a page changes slightly from year to year. If you notice a broken link in one of these spreadsheets, just click the linky to edit and you can update the info and do everybody a favor.

I'm thinking of working on something similar for grad math programs, but that seems kind of daunting. Anyone interested in maybe helping, though?

Edited to add: Mods--I'm new to PhysicsForums and I tried to select the most appropriate forum for this post. I'm open to correction, though, if it more properly belongs somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted