Respiration decrease during photosynthesis?

• Thread starter Handske
  • Start date
I guess respiration is lower during photosynthesis, or you would get max vegetation growth with 24/0 light, dark rate.
For how long can the "supply" created by photosynthesis supply respiration?

What is the best light/dark relationship for eg. Weeds.

Photorespiration
Photorespiration is a different procces than respiration and/or photosynthesis?

Does it have a negativ impact on respiration and/or plant growth or other crutial abilitys?

Can it be true:
When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during photosynthesis, they do more photorespiration?

When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during "no photosynthesis", they do more respiration/growth?

Can you compare respiration, growth and mitosis -activity?

A lot of questions, hope you can help!

Answers and Replies

Anyone?

I guess respiration is lower during photosynthesis, or you would get max vegetation growth with 24/0 light, dark rate.

what do you mean by lower?

do you mean how fast does photosynthesis create glucose in comparison to how fast the plant uses it for respiration?

What is the best light/dark relationship for eg. Weeds.

Photorespiration
Photorespiration is a different procces than respiration and/or photosynthesis?

Does it have a negativ impact on respiration and/or plant growth or other crutial abilitys?

Can it be true:
When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during photosynthesis, they do more photorespiration?

When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during "no photosynthesis", they do more respiration/growth?

Can you compare respiration, growth and mitosis -activity?

A lot of questions, hope you can help!

I can't help sorry!

what do you mean by lower?

Less active:-) lang*

do you mean how fast does photosynthesis create glucose in comparison to how fast the plant uses it for respiration?

Yes.

I'm thinking effeciency, for how long can the glucoses levels sustain the respiration(at max)?

hrm I don't know. I tried to find how fast they are in comparison to one another on the web but I could not. I would have to say though that photosynthesis would probably have to act quicker than cellular respiration because there are lot more respirating organisms then ones that do photosynthesis and the photosynthesizing ones have to act quicker to keep the cycle of oxygen/carbon dioxide sustainable. My guess.