Respiration decrease during photosynthesis?

In summary: Can it be true: When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during photosynthesis, they do more photorespiration?Yes, it seems like at higher CO2 concentrations, photosynthesis produces more respiration than growth.
Handske
I guess respiration is lower during photosynthesis, or you would get max vegetation growth with 24/0 light, dark rate.
For how long can the "supply" created by photosynthesis supply respiration?

What is the best light/dark relationship for eg. Weeds.

Photorespiration
Photorespiration is a different procces than respiration and/or photosynthesis?

Does it have a negativ impact on respiration and/or plant growth or other crutial abilitys?

Can it be true:
When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during photosynthesis, they do more photorespiration?

When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during "no photosynthesis", they do more respiration/growth?

Can you compare respiration, growth and mitosis -activity?

A lot of questions, hope you can help!

Biology news on Phys.org
Anyone?

Handske said:
I guess respiration is lower during photosynthesis, or you would get max vegetation growth with 24/0 light, dark rate.

what do you mean by lower?

do you mean how fast does photosynthesis create glucose in comparison to how fast the plant uses it for respiration?

What is the best light/dark relationship for eg. Weeds.

Photorespiration
Photorespiration is a different procces than respiration and/or photosynthesis?

Does it have a negativ impact on respiration and/or plant growth or other crutial abilitys?

Can it be true:
When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during photosynthesis, they do more photorespiration?

When exposing plants to "Higher" CO2 concentraions (than under natural surcomstances) during "no photosynthesis", they do more respiration/growth?

Can you compare respiration, growth and mitosis -activity?

A lot of questions, hope you can help!

I can't help sorry!

what do you mean by lower?

Less active:-) lang*

do you mean how fast does photosynthesis create glucose in comparison to how fast the plant uses it for respiration?

Yes.

I'm thinking effeciency, for how long can the glucoses levels sustain the respiration(at max)?

hrm I don't know. I tried to find how fast they are in comparison to one another on the web but I could not. I would have to say though that photosynthesis would probably have to act quicker than cellular respiration because there are lot more respirating organisms then ones that do photosynthesis and the photosynthesizing ones have to act quicker to keep the cycle of oxygen/carbon dioxide sustainable. My guess.

What is respiration decrease during photosynthesis?

Respiration decrease during photosynthesis refers to the decrease in the rate of cellular respiration in plants when they are actively performing photosynthesis. This is because photosynthesis produces energy-rich molecules (such as glucose) that can be used by the plant for energy, reducing the need for cellular respiration.

Why does respiration decrease during photosynthesis?

Respiration decreases during photosynthesis because photosynthesis produces energy-rich molecules (such as glucose) that can be used by the plant for energy. This reduces the need for cellular respiration, which is the process by which cells break down glucose to produce energy.

How does photosynthesis affect respiration?

Photosynthesis affects respiration by reducing its rate. When plants are actively photosynthesizing, they produce energy-rich molecules (such as glucose) that can be used by the plant for energy. This reduces the need for cellular respiration, which results in a decrease in respiration rate.

Does respiration always decrease during photosynthesis?

No, respiration does not always decrease during photosynthesis. In some cases, respiration may actually increase during photosynthesis. This can happen when the plant needs more energy than it can produce through photosynthesis alone, or when there is not enough light for photosynthesis to occur at its full potential.

What factors can affect the rate of respiration during photosynthesis?

The rate of respiration during photosynthesis can be affected by several factors, including the amount of light available, the type of plant and its stage of growth, temperature, and the availability of water and nutrients. Changes in any of these factors can impact the rate of respiration during photosynthesis.