1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

REU for EE major that wants to get into applied semiconductor physics

1. Dec 13, 2005 #1
    REU for EE major that wants to get into applied semiconductor physics....

hello, I am a dual major in EE and compE, with minors in both chemistry and physics (3 credits away from the chem minor, and I would like to take quantum mechanics, contemporary physics, and solid state physics, which will also get me a physics minor). I am interested in getting into applied semiconductor physics, or maybe photonics, and would be interested in a good REU. I am located in Michigan. Does anyone know of any good EE engineering REU programs located in the Midwest area? If not, does anyone know of any REU programs nationally? I would be willing to travel outside of the midwest.

Any insight regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2005 #2
    Have you talked to any of the professors at your school who are in that field? I'd recommend starting there.

4. Dec 13, 2005 #3

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?