REU for EE major that wants to get into applied semiconductor physics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
leright
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
19
REU for EE major that wants to get into applied semiconductor physics...

hello, I am a dual major in EE and compE, with minors in both chemistry and physics (3 credits away from the chem minor, and I would like to take quantum mechanics, contemporary physics, and solid state physics, which will also get me a physics minor). I am interested in getting into applied semiconductor physics, or maybe photonics, and would be interested in a good REU. I am located in Michigan. Does anyone know of any good EE engineering REU programs located in the Midwest area? If not, does anyone know of any REU programs nationally? I would be willing to travel outside of the midwest.

Any insight regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you talked to any of the professors at your school who are in that field? I'd recommend starting there.