Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

REU student working on QFT seeking help!

1. Jun 1, 2013 #1
    Hi everybody,

I thought I'd give this a shot and see if anyone would like to be a sort of "mentor" for me this summer? I have not taken Quantum mechanics and I am actually working on a QFT-esque REU project for the next 8 weeks (!). Anyone interested in maybe answering (I will definitely try to limit) questions I have on a pretty regular basis? Anyone? :blushing:

Maybe about 5 questions a week?? It would be great if I could have another resource to help guide me in addition to the professor I'm working with.... He's already being extremely generous just by agreeing to work with me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 1, 2013 #2
    You can always post your questions here or perhaps even start a thread you update regularly with your questions.

4. Jun 1, 2013 #3

strangerep

Science Advisor

:bugeye: Huh?? Working on anything involving QFT without first gaining proficiency in QM is ill-advised, imho.

Post a description of the "QFT-esque" project you're supposed to work on.

Like Jorriss said, you can post questions here, or in the homework forums, depending on the type and level of question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook