RF radiation living near TV/radio tower

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi there,

I noticed another thread about a guy who was considering living near a cell phone tower. People pointed out that he shouldn't worry because the amount of watts was low compared to tv towers etc. This makes me worry because I'm going to be moving into a property about 200 metres away from a 230 metre tv tower that transmits multiple tv channels and also transmits fm radio....

There's so much conflicting and emotive information from vested interests out there I don't know what to think. I would be very grateful to have an opinion from you guys about the science of possible risks at this higher level of RF.

Cheers

Answers and Replies

I don't think we need to go through this again. The thread explains quite clearly how little danger is posed and points quite clearly to the fact there is no evidence they present a danger.

I know people who live almost right under a TV mast and suffer no ill effects - unless you count a fantastic TV picture as one.

Any further discussion is pointless.

If you are looking for sources: http://madsci.org/posts/archives/2003-11/1069211502.Ph.r.html

Although not a brilliant source in itself it links to the FCC and an Australian regulatory authority on the subject.

There are strict controls relating to how close you can live to them, despite there being no inherent risk. So if you have a place near one it cannot be within the specified range.

Last edited:
berkeman
Mentor
Agreed. This thread is closed.