Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
yah... whyd you have to come back, that doesn't help at all...

Physics news on Phys.org
It is very curious that no one has ever completed this...enigma (according to the homepage). Either this has been recently developed or maybe it is simply impossible to complete. Clue 8 states that the first letter of my name is what you do when you open your eyes. The obvious answer to this is see or "c", but the grave - ave makes perfect sense for the first clue. Up until now this puzzle has been addicting...but this last part is extremely ambiguous. So I'm either up for introducing an extremely methodical approach to tackle this problem...or admitting that this guy may be playing with our heads. </conspiracy theory>:rofl:

i got it guys!
i have no idea what the clues meant, but cause of gokul i figured it out
GRIMREAPER

Brilliant ! :approve:

Gale said:
i got it guys!
i have no idea what the clues meant, but cause of gokul i figured it out
GRIMREAPER

::gives you big hug::

i also think it is a new game because there aren't any cheats online and there's loads of spelling errors.

The next one is:

<<werewolves>>

Omega, yeah you get that from the TTF font file from the silk bag

Or from a monoalphabetic substitution cipher...which is way harder to crack.

Next one : <<tongue of the dead = Latin ?
Only latin I see are the words undique and nex.

Undique = everywhere, or more accurately (from) all sides.

What's nex ? Some form of nexus ?
>>

Edit : Just noticed the symbols on top-left...

nex = death in latin

Death from all sides?

The answer is

<<deatheverywhere>>

What is the origin of the text on the next page? Same?

Last edited:
I think the text is greek.

[edit] musae is latin spelling, but the meaning of the word has greek origns

Last edited:
I feel stupid (Although it is late...). I can't even get past the first level...

Did anyone else notice that the url changed to something completely different then what we typed in before? Maybe it's a hint

"eum" is also Latinic, isn't it ?

But I don't think any of those are real latin words. I don't know if they're greek, but I doubt it.

On the other hand (except for valnirta, about which I'm clueless), the other words are either phonetically too well-constructed or otherwise based off known words for them to be encryptions...

PS : Yes, I noticed the url change...

dd : Any silk bag (whatever the hell those are) tricks up your sleeve ?

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that...and is it just me, or do you see a face on the left side of the text?

I see it too...only after you pointed it out though.

i think it just shows too many letters and the word is hidden amongst them.

Perhaps the letters are out of order and need to be rearranged?

Maybe, but I do agree with Gale, because your "vision is diminished by the fog, yet you see too much."

well it says we see too much... so i assume some aren't necessary at all. and some are faded, so i was working with that. and then the url made me think every other, but nothing I've tried works

I played around with the levels on the image to make the dark and light letters more obvious:

The dark letter are:

e, i, a, s, c, o, n, n, u, v, n, r, a ,s ,u, s

The bright letters are:

n, g, m, t, u, e, m, a, l , i, t, o u, t, m, a, e

There 6 bright pairs:

GM, TU, AL, OU, TM, AE

There are 5 bright singles:

N, E, M, I, T

Last edited by a moderator:
this sucks... no one? anyone have a clue?

I'm trying. It feels like we are getting close because the riddles have gotten very difficult.

maybe we're all just tired... this doesn't seem like it should be a hard puzzle.

Nothing I try seems to make "quite" enough sense...there has to be something else to it. But yes, it feels like we are getting close. This is one of the most entertaining online riddles/puzzles I have ever played.

The bright letters in valnirta spells: tail
The bright letter in contuneum spells: mute

well what's everyone trying? maybe some of our methods combined will make some more sense? i feel like we're just missing something simple here...

has anyone highlighted the bottom? it says "remove the zeroes" but I tried removing the zeroes in the URL but it told me that I was removing the wrong zeroes..

yomamma, good find.

yomamma said:
has anyone highlighted the bottom? it says "remove the zeroes" but I tried removing the zeroes in the URL but it told me that I was removing the wrong zeroes..

Whoa...I can't believe I didn't highlight that. I knew it was strange that it had extra room down there.

wow, good one! this is the first page i haven't highlighted... curses! so let's see now..

Has anybody been keeping track of the numbers in the source code...? They were in between comment tags...the one on this level says 12

yeah, they're the number of the level.