Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
no one? nothing? any other ideas for the prefix it could mean?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is the only other thing I could find:

2. doodanaha'1n1'idl1 'nothing will happen to us'. dooda 'nothing'; nahaa- 'to us' plus imp. of '1-n1-i-...[hi- perf.]-d-l1 something happens again' [pass.; '1- 'so'; n1- 'again'; 'i- indef. pronoun].

Well I guess I'll get some sleep. Good Luck

dduardo what language is that?

Boxcutter said:

apparently its Chiricahua Apache, so likely useless. its definitely referring to "re" as the prefix.. just what else does it want?

what about that damn chain and "lot of activity".. :s

Boxcutter said:
lol, Swahili you dumbhead!

2. doodanaha'1n1'idl1 'nothing will happen to us'. dooda 'nothing'; nahaa- 'to us' plus imp. of '1-n1-i-...[hi- perf.]-d-l1 something happens again' [pass.; '1- 'so'; n1- 'again'; 'i- indef. pronoun].
He just break down the word "doodanaha" into its parts: dooda, nahaa. And analyzed them to find the meaning of the word. Its a dictionary entry without proper spacing and format.

Arggh, anyone have any ideas? This is really tough.

man we better wait for those gale and omega guys. they're damn good at this stuff

which one are you guys at? I am stuck on deborah's cliff =/

Where did you find this site? I did a search on google high and low and couldn't find a link to it anywhere. Are you associated or know anyone associated with this site?

Also, I would like to point out the fact that "a lot" is repeated twice.

a "friend" gave it to me and he apparently knew the creator of it.
the friend is just a fellow musician on another continent so it's not like i know them personally.
yes the riddle is new, it was published a couple of days ago he said
he refuses to give me clues though, he says he's not aloud to :P

Don't ask for a hint, just ask for the ftp username/password to the website. hehe

ftp://ftp.draculasriddle.co.uk[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gale said:
yomamma and schrodingers dog, google styx river, its the very first link. i don't know where you got 100 years, but that's not the right answer. this is a great link cause you can see how all the other clues on the page fit in too. also schrodinger's dog, i don't know anything at all about html coding either so you'll be as good at this as me... I'm still stuck on four, so you guys hurry up and help me. [/color]

Thanks it was late last night and had to go to bed just tell me the answer I've done all you suggested in fact before you suggested it and all the web sites >>Archeron or Cocytus< lead to have no web sites with riddles in them, I've tried all the web sites on the first page for both and tried including so and so river, that's what I did originally but nothing? I think either My google is broken or I'm just an internet moron, what's the website or better still just give me the link I'll catch you up if I can I'm good at riddles usually, just not literate with computers obviously. Anyone else who remembers that dimly back in time might want to help too :smile: Oh just to make sure I tried all the other rivers too in case.

Last edited:
Well I don't know if this has been cleared up yet...but the answer to the Deborah Cliff is <<chainreaction>>

Ah Omega what's the answer to three, short of someone giving me the answer I've tried all the spoilers and done all they suggest and nothing, now google should throw up the same for everyone: type in liar first entry: Tony Blair:Biography guaranteed,everyones the same right? So I'm being dense obviously, this is drving me nuts I've typed in all the river names and nothing like what gale has suggested as site comes up or any text like a riddle in google, you remember the answer? PM I'd like to get through this, I really feel I should have come up with an answer when I figured out Styx and then the river names but my internet tom foolery is unsurpassed :smile:

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
Ah Omega what's the answer to three, short of someone giving me the answer I've tried all the spoilers and done all they suggest and nothing, now google should throw up the same for everyone type in liar first entry tony blair guaranteed,everyones the same right? So I'm being dense obviously, this is drvingg me nuts, you remember the answer?

If you are speaking of "the river" level then the answer is <<nineyears>>

It describes how long one will be silent after drinking of the river Styx.

Thanks:Sorry I see what you mean, When gale said answer the riddle I thought she meant a riddle on the site ie what has 4 legs in the morning two in the aftenoon etc,etc... and I couldn't see anything riddle style format wise not that she meant just read the text? Doh I am a moron :rofl:

hey omega gotten passed the wicked ditch yet?
i think i have some ideas about that one

Boxcutter said:
hey omega gotten passed the wicked ditch yet?
i think i have some ideas about that one

Well the first part is <<antonin This takes you to another part of the riddle>>

yeah. and i some other clues as well

Boxcutter said:
yeah. and i some other clues as well

Do tell...:biggrin:

i searched for what is in the ditch, and got a name (fits right in with antonin).. don't know how to use it though =/

I tried <<dvorak.htm>>, but got a screen that said " how will <<dvorak>> help you solve the riddle ?"

Yeah I got that too...hmm

The title is "more than a composer"

Dvorak is a type of keyboard just as qwerty is...

Now it makes sense...

Last edited:
ah yes i guess it's only to decrypt that stuff then! =)

but the obvious decryption of substituting keyboard characters between dvorak and qwerty (on hadja_brcobam) only gives gibberish...??

Dont' forget: Red: D->Q | Green: Q->D

Here is a tool to convert:

http://wbic16.xedoloh.com/dvorak.html

From wikipedia:

"Dvořák wrote his Symphony No. 1 in C minor when he was only 24 years old. Later subtitled The Bells of Zlonice after a village in Dvořák's native Bohemia, it is clearly the work of an inexperienced composer. The scherzo is considered to be the strongest movement. It has many formal similarities with Beethoven's 5th Symphony (for example, the movements follow the same keys: C minor, A flat major, C minor, C major), yet in harmony and instrumentation, Dvořák's First follows the style of Franz Schubert."

Last edited:
well you translate from Dvorak to qwerty then from qwerty to dvorak, like the hint in the source code says. and then you get mansion_ahead

Okay, my keyboard must be weird...

So it seems that we still have a ways to go...

Do you notice the span in between red and path?

yeah i got that, but i don't know what to call it, "door" "entrance" "front door" am i dense?

Ohh, Dracula's mansion. We're almost there, I think?

Try <<[color="#black"]red_path[/color]>>

no no, i got that, what do you do after that??
never mind i got it... thedoor