Rise in room temperature over a one hour period

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
arjal
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I have a room with no cooling.

Room info : w = 5m l = 4m h= 2.5m
Heat dissipation from equipment in room= 65kw
Ambient temp = 20 degrees celsius

I need to know the temperature rise over a one hour period

Please help

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If the room is perfectly insulated and held at a constant pressure (not perfectly sealed), I get a back of the envelope answer that it will rise in temperature by about 3600C in an hour. Obviously, this isn't correct, but this demonstrates that the room will rapidly rise in temperature (~1 degree C per second) until the heatflow out through the walls and whatever venting system exists is equal to the heatflow in.