Rotary motion to lift a dump truck

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Leo t
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


In my robotics class I was task with creating a robot to lift and house objects, I have the lifting mechanism, and a housing area, but I can't figure how to get the bucket of the robot to dump using a rotary motor.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


Tried to fixate a gear at the back have to leverage up, but it doesn't pivot, it just drags the bucket off, any ideas.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Any pictures of what you are trying to do?
 
No, I'm not allowed phones in school. I only have access to rotary motors, and I'm trying to make a working dumper on a robot, like a dump truck
 
Leo t said:

Homework Statement


In my robotics class I was task with creating a robot to lift and house objects, I have the lifting mechanism, and a housing area, but I can't figure how to get the bucket of the robot to dump using a rotary motor.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


Tried to fixate a gear at the back have to leverage up, but it doesn't pivot, it just drags the bucket off, any ideas.
Maybe attach a string to the bottom edge of the bucket and have your motor spin to wind up the string...?