S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem)

In summary, the conversation discusses solving for an integral and determining the correct answer choice. The individual suggests using substitution and provides a helpful equation for solving the problem. However, they also mention that there may be a typo in one of the answer choices and further work is needed to find the correct solution.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 1.46.42 PM.png

ok I thot this was just observation to get b.

but maybe not

I saw some rather hefty substations to get different answers

Physics news on Phys.org
if it were $\displaystyle \int \dfrac{\cos{t}}{1+\sin{t}} \, dt$, then choice (b) would fit

$\dfrac{1}{1+\sin{t}} \cdot \dfrac{1-\sin{t}}{1-\sin{t}} = \dfrac{1-\sin{t}}{1-\sin^2{t}} = \dfrac{1-\sin{t}}{\cos^2{t}} = \dfrac{1}{\cos^2{t}} - \dfrac{1}{\cos{t}} \cdot \dfrac{\sin{t}}{\cos{t}} = \sec^2{t} - \sec{t}\tan{t}$

$\displaystyle \int \sec^2{t} - \sec{t}\tan{t} \, dt = \tan{t} - \sec{t} + C$

methinks choice (a) has a typo

$\dfrac{d}{dx}\left(\tan \theta \:+\sec \theta \right)
=-\dfrac{1}{-1+\sin(x)}=\dfrac{1}{1-\sin(x)}$

ok I did this to one of the answers but when I integrated it it did not return the

so something is missing :(

1. What is S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem)?

S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) refers to a specific problem or typo that was found on the AP Calculus Exam. It may refer to a mistake in the question, answer choices, or other parts of the exam.

2. How do I know if I encountered the S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) on my exam?

If you believe you encountered the S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) on your exam, you can check with your teacher or the College Board for confirmation. They will be able to provide more information and guidance on how to proceed.

3. Will the S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) affect my exam score?

If the S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) was a significant mistake that affected the accuracy or fairness of the exam, the College Board may make adjustments to ensure that all students are fairly evaluated. However, if it was a minor typo or error, it is unlikely to have a significant impact on your score.

4. Can I request a re-grade if I encountered the S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) on my exam?

If the S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) affected your answer or understanding of the question, you can request a re-grade from the College Board. They will review your request and make a decision based on the severity of the mistake and its impact on your score.

5. How does the College Board handle S8.7.2.1 AP calculus Exam (typo problem) on the exam?

The College Board takes all reports of mistakes or typos on the exam seriously and will thoroughly investigate each one. If a mistake is confirmed, they will make adjustments to ensure that all students are fairly evaluated. They will also take steps to prevent similar mistakes from occurring in the future.