Sad news for Earth in several billion years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Count Iblis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Earth News Years
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Count Iblis
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
8
http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.4031"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org


Count Iblis said:
http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.4031"
... on the scale of several billion years.

Given the nature of this forum, it might be better to have a more descriptive thread title, and some actual text rather than a bare link.

PS. I don't expect to live forever; and I don't find that "sad". Neither do I think there's anything especially "sad" about the fact we live in a dynamic universe, where things change, and nothing lasts forever.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


sylas said:
... on the scale of several billion years.

Given the nature of this forum, it might be better to have a more descriptive thread title, and some actual text rather than a bare link.

I updated the thread title to reflect the content of the arXiv paper that Count is linking to.
 
Meh. We'll be lucky if we're even still here in 10,000 years, never mind several billion.