1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sat subject tests : Math,physics practice papers ?

1. Nov 3, 2008 #1
    Hey fellas,
    I'm giving my SAT subject tests in Dec 2008, And I would like to know where I can give practice tests for : Math 1-2, Physics ??? Please Help, as I intent to score 800 on all three of them. I presently use Princeton for both math, barrons for physics; but the practice tests are'nt given enough; and no other books are available around my city(AHMEDABAD) in INDIA.. So, please suggest if you know something regarding this..

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2008 #2
    For your information, you don't have to take both Math I and IIC since they are looked at separately and are counted equally in college admissions. Personally, I would recommend you take Math IIC since it is curved very well (you can get 8 wrong and still get an 800!), but it is harder than Math I to compensate. Physics has a similar curve to Math IIC, since there are many aspiring high school kids out there who think they're good at physics but end up realizing they need more review. So make sure you are comprehensive when you study! As for which books to use, you can use pretty much any type since physics and math are such ubiquitous subjects. That said, I recommend Barron's for Math IIC and Princeton Review for Physics (I got 800's using them). Good luck

By the way, are you going to be applying for college this year?

4. Nov 7, 2008 #3
    Hey thanks a lot for the info.. Well, got peterson's books recently..
    Cool that you got 800's on both.. where're you from ? and yeah I'm applying for the next FALL..When are you applying ? And where ?

5. Nov 7, 2008 #4
    Im already in college, and from the states

6. Nov 8, 2008 #5
    Hey cool.. You must be in a pretty good college then with those 800's !! Which one are you in, if ya don't mind to disclose over here ?
    I'm applying to MIT, Yale, Brown, Darthmouth.

7. Dec 23, 2010 #6
    don't rely on those sat's, though, as an international student. when I was applying as an international, I applied with 800's in math 1c, 2c, and physics which I got without any need for review (and I felt they were extremely easy), but things didn't go well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?