Scattering of light in a strange fashion

In summary: I just wanted to know that by determining the objects reflection on walls. Even why the emitted light is more towards pole I can say. May be these are to strong that they are present at four opposite surfaces of Earth symmetrically and can be behind gravitation too .The emitting object might be attracting photons towards it because it's creating a strong enough signal to overcome the repulsion between photons.
Afina
  1. :smile::smile::smile::smile:Have you ever observe in night a source ( spherical) emitting light in strange fashion. If not then observe today. I saw that it was more towards the corner making plus sign or cross sign which can be seen through our eyes . Is there is something which is attracting photon particles towards it. It can be due to repulsion to maintain more distance. Also see the street lights which emit light which appears like stars. It may be connected with reflection or refraction. You must have observe definite shapes on the wall when sunlight falls on it and you turn towards your wall by controlling it's direction. The shape which we get must follow some pattern. I saw one which was very peculiar one. I just wanted to know that by determining the objects reflection on walls. Even why the emitted light is more towards pole I can say. May be these are to strong that they are present at four opposite surfaces of Earth symmetrically and can be behind gravitation too .

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_214645145.jpg
    IMG_20180131_214645145.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 595
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Afina said:
If not then observe today. I saw that it was more towards the corner making plus sign or cross sign which can be seen through our eyes . Is there is something which is attracting photon particles towards it.

No, it's just the result of diffraction of the incoming EM wave (light). You can see the diffraction pattern in your picture, as it appears as the symmetrical "spikes" coming out from the center of the light source. These are caused by the interference of different parts of the light waves as they are focused down to a spot. Because some of the wavefront gets a bit chopped off by the edges of your camera, the wavefront is no longer spherical and the spot that it gets focused down to on the sensor develops spikes.

A similar phenomenon happens in regular vision. From wikipedia's article on diffraction spikes: In normal vision, diffraction through eyelashes - and due to the edges of the eyelids if one is squinting - produce many diffractions spikes. If it is windy, then the motion of the eyelashes cause spikes that move around and scintillate. After a blink, the eyelashes may come back in a different position and cause the diffraction spikes to jump around.

Afina said:
I just wanted to know that by determining the objects reflection on walls. Even why the emitted light is more towards pole I can say. May be these are to strong that they are present at four opposite surfaces of Earth symmetrically and can be behind gravitation too .

No, this has absolutely nothing to do with gravitation. It's a result of the well-known physics behind diffraction.

Likes berkeman and Afina
Yes I do agree. Really very nice explanation.I just wanted to know a factor determining shapes of the reflected image as they are not at all like the object or its part. The image is only behind the nature of light. If I will show someone a reflected image he won't be able to examine the true shape of the object. Ya we can determine position and height even magnification but not its shape. You can find the one in uploaded image.
IMG_20180126_094608463.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180126_094608463.jpg
    IMG_20180126_094608463.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 559

What is "scattering of light in a strange fashion"?

"Scattering of light in a strange fashion" refers to the phenomenon where light is reflected or refracted in an unusual way, deviating from the normal laws of optics.

What causes light to scatter in a strange fashion?

Light can scatter in a strange fashion due to various factors, such as the presence of irregularities in the medium through which it is passing, or the interaction of light with particles or surfaces that have unique properties.

Can scattering of light in a strange fashion be observed in everyday life?

Yes, scattering of light in a strange fashion can be observed in everyday life. Examples include the colorful patterns created by light passing through a prism, or the shimmering effect of light on the surface of a bubble.

How is the scattering of light in a strange fashion studied in science?

Scientists use various techniques, such as spectroscopy and imaging, to study the behavior of light when it scatters in a strange fashion. They also conduct experiments with different materials and conditions to better understand this phenomenon.

What are the practical applications of understanding scattering of light in a strange fashion?

Understanding scattering of light in a strange fashion has many practical applications, such as in designing optical devices, studying the composition of materials, and developing new technologies in fields like biomedicine and communication.