Schrodinger's cat filmed experiment

In summary, the speaker invites others to watch their film about resolving the mysteries of quantum mechanics and the paradox of Schrodinger's cat. They caution against attempting the experiment at home and share their mistake of not using a secure steel chamber and introducing a quantum mouse. They mention their belief in the many universe interpretation and invite comments. They also reassure that no animals were harmed during the experiment and provide a website for more information.
surpasrealist
Hi Fellas,

I invite you all to watch this film where I tried to resolve the weirdness of quantum mechanics and the mistery of life making Schrodinger's cat paradox experiment. I don't recommend to do that again in your homes. But if you want to go a head please don't forget to follow Schrodinger's instructions and don't make my mistake of not using a secure steel chamber. It was also a big mistake trying to prove the state of decoherence introducing a quantum mouse to the equation. I do believe on the many universe interpretation. Please feel free to contact me if you have any commentaries about this experiment.

P.S. No animals where hurted during this experiment.

www.surpasrealiste.com[/URL]

best regards, enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you believe in the many universe interpretation, then by definition animals where hurt during the experiment, just not in the universe you currently occupy.

witch universe when my cat??

That it is a good point, I hope it didn't hurt too much on the other universes. ;)

1. What is Schrodinger's cat experiment?

Schrodinger's cat experiment is a thought experiment designed by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrodinger to demonstrate the principles of quantum mechanics. It involves a hypothetical scenario in which a cat is placed in a sealed box with a radioactive substance and a device that will release poison if the substance decays. According to quantum mechanics, until the box is opened and observed, the cat is considered to be both alive and dead at the same time.

2. How was the Schrodinger's cat experiment filmed?

The Schrodinger's cat experiment has never been physically conducted as it is only a thought experiment. However, a version of it was filmed by the Austrian physicist's team in 2014 using a quantum computer. The experiment involved a simulated version of the radioactive substance and poison, and the result was a blurred image of the cat being both alive and dead.

3. What was the purpose of filming the Schrodinger's cat experiment?

The purpose of filming the Schrodinger's cat experiment was to bring the concept of quantum mechanics to a wider audience and to demonstrate the potential of quantum computing. It also aimed to show the strange and counterintuitive nature of quantum mechanics, where particles can exist in multiple states at the same time.

4. How does the Schrodinger's cat experiment relate to quantum mechanics?

The Schrodinger's cat experiment is a thought experiment that illustrates a fundamental principle of quantum mechanics known as superposition. This principle states that a particle can exist in multiple states or positions at the same time until it is observed or measured. The experiment also raises questions about the role of the observer and the concept of reality in quantum mechanics.

5. What are the implications of the Schrodinger's cat experiment?

The Schrodinger's cat experiment has significant implications for our understanding of reality and the behavior of particles at the quantum level. It challenges our classical understanding of cause and effect and raises questions about determinism and the role of observation in shaping reality. It also has potential applications in quantum computing and other technologies that rely on the principles of quantum mechanics.