Science Education Video Series: Think About

In summary, 'Think About' is a new science-education video series that airs on American Forces Network (AFN) and is also available for free to educational organizations and public broadcasting. The show aims to engage and educate kids who are overseas with their military parents. The first eight mini-episodes cover topics such as the behavior of water in a vacuum, the nature of color, and the concept of temperature. The videos have been praised for their professional production and ability to captivate young audiences. Feedback and suggestions for future episodes are welcome.
ThinkAbout
Hello Physics Forums:

I wanted to share a new science-education video series called 'Think About'. We just completed the first eight mini-episodes. 'Think About' airs on American Forces Network (AFN) and the audience is pretty special: kids that are overseas with their military parents. The videos are also available, at no cost, to educational organizations, public broadcasting, etc.

In any case, we'd love to have some feedback and also suggestions for future episodes.

A few samples are below and you can see all eight episodes on YouTube here:
Think About - Episodes 01-08

Think About: What Happens to Water in a Vacuum?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7nsZkVZc0

Think About: What is Color?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6REpZ8Cyk0

Think About: What is Temperature?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUnEyFbqyZQ

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, I'm really surprised! I'd never think water would boil.

Nice! I didn't know water would boil and then freeze in space.

Very professionally done & interesting for kids.

That's very well done. Having spent some time overseas watching AFN myself, I am sure these videos will be appreciated.

1. What is the purpose of the "Think About" video series?

The purpose of the "Think About" video series is to promote critical thinking and scientific inquiry among students of all ages. The videos cover a wide range of science topics and encourage viewers to ask questions and explore the world around them.

2. Who is the target audience for the "Think About" video series?

The "Think About" video series is designed for students, teachers, and anyone who is interested in learning more about science. The videos are suitable for all ages and can be used in classrooms or for independent learning.

3. How are the topics for the "Think About" videos chosen?

The topics for the "Think About" videos are carefully selected by a team of scientists and educators. They aim to cover a diverse range of scientific concepts and make them accessible and engaging for viewers.

4. Are the "Think About" videos based on scientific research?

Yes, the "Think About" videos are based on current scientific research and are reviewed by experts in the field to ensure accuracy and credibility. The sources of information are always cited in the video descriptions.

5. Can the "Think About" videos be used in a classroom setting?

Yes, the "Think About" videos are designed to be used in classrooms and are aligned with current science education standards. Teachers can use them as a supplement to their lessons or as a tool for sparking discussions and hands-on activities.