Feedback for my YouTube Videos on Real Analysis

In summary: Yeah I'm always trying to make my videos as clear and concise as possible. Definitely something I'm focusing on.
caffeinemachine
Gold Member
MHB
Some time back I posted about my videos on Group Theory on YouTube and got valuable feedback from the PF community.

With the response in mind, I made substantial changes to my presentation.
One of the main complaints was that I was speaking too fast.

Here is my recent video on Real Analysis: Archimedean Property of Reals

The purpose of this post is to get some more feedback on the clarity of videos such as above.

Ultimately my goal is to host a huge array of high quality higher math courses on my channel.

Thank you.

Likes Euge and haushofer
Physics news on Phys.org
caffeinemachine said:
One of the main complaints was that I was speaking too fast.
It appears that you took the complaint to heart -- this video was much easier to understand.

At the beginning of the video you were talking about ordered fields. You didn't define what you meant by "ordered". Also, when you talked about the term "field" you mentioned the four arithmetic operations. In analysis, the only binary operations are addition and multiplication. In the context of rings, integral domains, and fields (a field is an integral domain in which every element except the additive identity has a multiplicative inverse, which we can call z). Subtraction is defined as addition by the additive inverse (i.e., -x), and division is defined as multiplication by the multiplicative inverse (i.e., ##x^{-1}).

• Informative
Likes berkeman
Mark44 said:
It appears that you took the complaint to heart -- this video was much easier to understand.
Thank you for the encouragement.
Mark44 said:
At the beginning of the video you were talking about ordered fields. You didn't define what you meant by "ordered".
This is only one video in a series of videos. Ordered fields were discussed in detail in a previous one. The beginning was meant as a quick recap.
Mark44 said:
Also, when you talked about the term "field" you mentioned the four arithmetic operations. In analysis, the only binary operations are addition and multiplication. In the context of rings, integral domains, and fields (a field is an integral domain in which every element except the additive identity has a multiplicative inverse, which we can call z). Subtraction is defined as addition by the additive inverse (i.e., -x), and division is defined as multiplication by the multiplicative inverse (i.e., ##x^{-1}).
I agree that 'subtraction' and 'division' are derived operations. I meant to only quickly capture the main idea of a field. All the formal details were covered in a previous video.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Hi @caffeinemachine! It's been a while. I looked at some of your more recent videos, and overall I enjoyed their clarity and quality!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Euge said:
Hi @caffeinemachine! It's been a while. I looked at some of your more recent videos, and overall I enjoyed their clarity and quality!
Hey thanks so much man!

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. What is the purpose of your YouTube videos on Real Analysis?

The purpose of my YouTube videos on Real Analysis is to provide educational content and resources for students and individuals interested in learning about this mathematical topic. I aim to make the complex concepts of Real Analysis more understandable and accessible through visual aids and explanations.

2. How often do you post new videos on Real Analysis?

I typically post new videos on Real Analysis once a week. However, this may vary depending on my schedule and the complexity of the topic being covered.

3. Are your videos suitable for beginners in Real Analysis?

Yes, my videos are designed to be beginner-friendly. I break down the concepts into smaller, more manageable parts and provide clear explanations and examples to help beginners understand the material.

4. Can viewers request specific topics to be covered in your videos?

Yes, I welcome suggestions and requests for specific topics to be covered in my videos. I want to create content that is helpful and relevant to my viewers, so I am open to suggestions and feedback.

5. Do you provide additional resources or materials to supplement your videos?

Yes, I provide additional resources and materials, such as practice problems and notes, to supplement my videos. These can be found in the description box of each video or on my website.