1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science/Engineering Professor Jobs

  1. Jul 10, 2007 #1
    Is there a website that most US universities use to post open positions for science & engineering tenure track professorships?

  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2007 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    For physics, the standard site is


    In general, most academic positions are probably advertised in the Chronicle of Higher Education:


    Policies on posting open faculty positions probably vary from one college/university to another. Where I teach, all open faculty positions must be advertised in the Chronicle, at least. They're usually also advertised in field-specific sites such as Physics Today, or the equivalent in other fields.
  4. Jul 10, 2007 #3
    Sweet. That is exactly what I was looking for.

    Thank you!
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook