Seeking guidance from someone in R&D

• Job Skills
  • Thread starter JaredC
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Guidance R&d
I'll try to help you.In summary, the individual is seeking assistance for a paper on writing in the research and development field and is requesting to speak with someone currently employed in the field. They have been directed to send a private message to a member who has experience in R&D.
JaredC
I am currently working on a paper studying the different types of writing done in the research and development field. I was hoping to talk to someone who is currently employed in that field about different aspects of their job. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me with this?

Physics news on Phys.org
JaredC said:
I am currently working on a paper studying the different types of writing done in the research and development field. I was hoping to talk to someone who is currently employed in that field about different aspects of their job. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me with this?
Welcome to the PF.

For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, we do not allow interview-type threads here at the PF, so your thread is locked. However, I've worked in R&D for many years, so send me a PM with your questions,

1. How do I find someone in R&D to provide guidance?

The best way to find someone in R&D is to network within your industry. Attend conferences, seminars, and events related to your field of research and connect with others who work in R&D. You can also reach out to your colleagues, mentors, or professors who may have connections in R&D.

2. What are the benefits of seeking guidance from someone in R&D?

Seeking guidance from someone in R&D can provide valuable insights and expertise in your specific field of research. They can also offer advice on experimental design, data analysis, and potential challenges you may face in your research. Additionally, connecting with someone in R&D can lead to potential collaborations and opportunities for future projects.

3. How do I approach someone in R&D for guidance?

When reaching out to someone in R&D for guidance, it's important to be respectful of their time and expertise. Start by introducing yourself and explaining your research interests and goals. Be specific about what type of guidance you are seeking and why you believe this person would be a valuable resource. Be prepared to provide more information or materials about your research if requested.

4. Is it common for R&D professionals to provide guidance to others?

Yes, it is common for R&D professionals to provide guidance to others in their field. Many R&D professionals are passionate about their work and are willing to share their knowledge and expertise with others. However, it's important to keep in mind that their time is valuable, so be respectful and grateful for any guidance they are able to provide.

5. How can I maintain a professional relationship with someone in R&D after seeking their guidance?

After seeking guidance from someone in R&D, it's important to maintain a professional relationship with them. This can include providing updates on your research progress, sharing any publications or presentations related to your work, and expressing gratitude for their guidance. You can also offer to provide assistance or collaborate on future projects to continue building a strong professional relationship.