Selecting conductors for transmission line 132kv 100MW 95km

In summary, the two best options for 132kv transmission lines are ACSR and ACCC. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but the most important factor to consider is the cost.
neduet
Hello dears

i want to know which is best for 132kv transmission line. advantages and disadvantages as in prectical use. but also consider economical factor wisely . what you chose if you are in my place...

ACSR Conventional
AAAC ( All Aluminium Alloy Conductors )
ACCC Aluminum Conductor Composite Core (if i say most high tech and best ?)

thanks ..

Engineering news on Phys.org
I think you should google "power transmission design handbook" There are many things to consider. Only a few can readily be discussed in an online forum such as this.

You could look online at the procedures of a power distribution company

for example these are the procedures of UK Power Networks, for 132 kV O/H, which you can find online

ENA TS 43-1 to 43-9 (steel towers)
ENA TS 43-50 (wooden poles)

you might want to look at the procedures of other network operators, like SSE, to compare.

Likes neduet
neduet said:
. what you chose if you are in my place...
Neduet, would you please share with us why you are asking this question? 132 kV and 100 MW represents lethal voltage and power levels, and should only be dealt with by professionals. As a rule, on Physics Forums we do not give advice on how to do dangerous things.
jason

Likes neduet
jasonRF said:
Neduet, would you please share with us why you are asking this question? 132 kV and 100 MW represents lethal voltage and power levels, and should only be dealt with by professionals. As a rule, on Physics Forums we do not give advice on how to do dangerous things.
jason

haha. ok. well . i am new in transmission construction company as learning tour. . so i like to understand . what is what. and what other doing as transmission constructor professional. its just for learning only .

anorlunda said:
I think you should google "power transmission design handbook" There are many things to consider. Only a few can readily be discussed in an online forum such as this.

can you suggest any best book for only construction design ?

neduet said:
haha. ok. well . i am new in transmission construction company as learning tour. . so i like to understand . what is what. and what other doing as transmission constructor professional. its just for learning only .
The company you mention will have their own procedures that will have been drawn up to stasify the relevant codes and laws.

The best people to talk to will be the linesmen that build and maintain the lines for the company - if they don't know it, it probably isn't worth asking.

They should have manuals that cover every inch of the company procedures.

The managers will have procedures regarding procurement and equipment and materials selection.

Likes neduet
ok. :smile:

forget all things , just choose between ACCC and ACSR. based on economical vs all other factors. :rolleyes:

1. What factors should be considered when selecting conductors for a 132kv transmission line?

When selecting conductors for a 132kv transmission line, several factors should be taken into account. These include the line length, power capacity, environmental conditions, and budget. The conductor material, size, and configuration should also be carefully evaluated to ensure efficient and reliable transmission.

2. Why is conductor material important in a transmission line?

The conductor material plays a crucial role in the performance and durability of a transmission line. Conductors with high electrical conductivity and low resistance, such as copper or aluminum, are preferred for efficient power transmission. They also need to have good mechanical strength to withstand the tension and weight of the line.

3. How does the line length affect the choice of conductors?

The line length is an important factor to consider when selecting conductors for a transmission line. Longer lines require conductors with lower resistance to minimize power losses. This means that larger cross-sectional area conductors are needed to carry the same amount of power as a shorter line with smaller conductors. Additionally, longer lines may also require additional support structures to prevent sagging and maintain the required clearance from the ground.

4. What is the significance of power capacity in conductor selection?

The power capacity of a transmission line is determined by the amount of current it can safely carry. This is influenced by factors such as conductor size, material, and temperature rating. Therefore, when selecting conductors for a 132kv transmission line with a power capacity of 100MW, it is important to choose conductors that can handle the required amount of current without overheating or causing power losses.

5. How do environmental conditions impact conductor selection for a transmission line?

The environmental conditions along the transmission line route can greatly affect the performance and longevity of the conductors. Factors such as temperature, humidity, wind, and corrosive elements should be taken into consideration when selecting conductors. For example, in areas with high temperatures, conductors with a higher temperature rating may be needed to prevent thermal expansion and sagging.