1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Self study plan for understanding nutritional processes

1. Jul 11, 2010 #1
    I've got a good background in physics and math. I'm interested in getting a decent foundation in chemistry/biology with an eye towards understanding nutrition (for starters). (I've been out of school for years.)

From browsing course requirements, it seems like I'll need: organic chemistry, molecular biology, then biochemistry. From there, I should have the necessary pre-reqs for jumping into the nutritional texts.

Is this reasonable? Am I missing anything?

So far I'm working thru Clayden (et al) Organic Chem. Then I plan to move to Albert's (et al) Molecular Biology of the Cell. Then probably Voet/Voet for Biochem.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2010 #2
    More than enough. Many of the "nutritionists" I have talked to know next to nothing about the associated biochemistry.

4. Jul 12, 2010 #3
    Many nutritionists also seem to know next to nothing about proper nutrition, barring parrotting long busted myths :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook